Net Proceeds Benefit Our Children's Programs
The North Castle Public Library
Sponsored by Friends of the North Castle Public Library, Inc.
Jamie Love was a member of the Byram Hills cross country and track & field teams. He was an avid runner who chose to continue his running career in college at the University of Vermont, where he was studying mechanical engineering. Jamie was also a responsible young man who worked from an early age, most notably, at Hickory & Tweed, while fulfilling his passion for biking and snowboarding. Jamie was an active user of our library from an early age, when he enjoyed all the children's programming. More recently he had taken to e-books as a way to help conserve and protect the environment. The Byram Hills HS cross country team, including Jamie, has participated in The Armonk Outdoor Art Show Road Race since its inception, with logistical support from the coaches and parents. Hickory & Tweed has been a sponsor of this race from the beginning. Both organizations are proud to join with the Friends of the North Castle Public Library, Inc. to continue their support in Jamie's memory.
- Date: September 20, 2015
- Location: Start, Finish and Race Day Registration at Wampus Brook Park.
- 09:45AM - Stretching sponsored by TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- 10:00AM - Petites Picassos 100 Yard Dash for ages 2-8. FREE!
- 10:15AM - Monet Mile (chip timing). Entry fee is $10 before 9/14 and $15 on 9/14.
- 10:30AM - Stretching sponsored by TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- 11:00AM - Jamie's 5K Run/Walk Individual and Team Competitions (chip timing). Entry fee is $20 before 9/14 and $25 on 9/14.
- T-Shirts: for first 300 runners who sign up in either the Monet Mile or Jamie's 5K (sizes based on availability).
- Awards: Ribbons to all participants in the 100 Meter Dash, Medals to the top 20 Male and Female finishers in the Monet Mile and Age Group Medals for Male and Female finishers in Jamie's 5K.
For more information, send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be a Sponsor
You can be a sponsor of Jamie's 5K "Run for Love". The Friends will direct all net proceeds from this race for children's and teen programming at the North Castle Public Library. If you would like to be a sponsor and have your name appear on the souvenir T-shirt, print out our sponsorship form, fill it in and return it with your check before August 10.
5K Course Records:
- Men's - Marc Violone - 16:36 (2013)
- Women's - Sydney Dorand - 19:38 (2014)
Results from Prior Foot Races
- 2014 Race Results
- 2013 Race Results
- 2012 5K Race Results 2012 5K Race Award Winners 2012 One Mile Race Results
- 2011 Race Results